Focus pads have become very popular due to their lower price, convenience, and easy to use. Plus they can also make a fun and competitive workout for you and your friend or trainer. The idea is simple: your friend holds the pads while you punch into the center of the pad. Together you can build offensive and defensive skills, sharpen reflexes and condition your body. Now, let’s discover 9 Best Boxing Focus Pads with Gondeee!
Benefits of Using Boxing Focus Pads
How do you solve the issue of improving reflex for each punch you make? How can you take advantage from the movement of opponents to find the weakness? These are the questions that we really want you to answer. If you can, or even you cannot, we hope that you can understand the answer is from using boxing focus pads, and that’s why today we made this article to help you get the knowledge about it.
There is no accurate definition of focus pads, but to easily imagine, you just need it is an equipment that other people can hold by their hand to help boxers practice. It has a lot of shapes that serve each purpose. For example, look at the products below, you can find out there is a couple of focus pads that use circle shape.
What is the purpose of the shape? Each shape serves each purpose, and we will reveal some information about it. Using circle shape is to improve the accuracy of punches, and using the long shape is to improve the feeling and practice reflex.
If you understand all the basic information, let’s check the benefits they bring. You will not be disappointed about it because focus pads are considered as one of the necessary equipment for boxers to practice.
Number 1: The first benefit is to improve your reflex. It is one of the most important elements that boxers look for. The reflex just comes from matching people to compete, however, the duel is limited because it is risky to be vulnerable. Therefore, they invent other things that can also improve the reflex but keep both the boxers and supporter safe
Number 2: Technique. Of course, using focus pads can help you a lot in improving the technique. Supporter will put the pads at the position that you have to use the technique exactly to reach. So, it is really effective than using other equipment.
Number 3: Power. The supporter can understand how powerful your punch. Supporter or trainer through it, can help you to modify power, or find out the reason and the solution to improve your power if it’s not good.
Number 4: Focus. People will easily focus on a point if there is a target for them to aim. The focus pads work like this. It helps boxers focus on more than casual, and in the long run, when they duel, they can easily find out the weakness points based on the practice with focus pads.
Number 5: The relaxation. People claim that supporter using focus pads is a way to help them relax after working. It’s the same effect as the sandbag, but it’s likely a hard mode. You also can stick the face of people who you hate on it, and relax to decrease your stress.
With a lot of benefits, there is no reason to refuse to have a couple of focus pads. If you have a partner, you should discuss with him/her to purchase one because it raises the benefits of both. We think you are interested in boxing focus pads, but if you look for it in the market, you will be confused in choosing products. Therefore, let’s check our free information on the best boxing focus pads.
List of 9 Best Boxing Focus Pads
1. Hayabusa Focus Mitts for Boxing, Kickboxing, and Muay Thai
Using a focus pad can also help you develop your typing skills, improve and perfect your fighting skills as well as provide a less impacting option for punching bags. Hayabusa focus mitts are compact, light and perfect for high-speed training drills and are the ideal martial arts striking pads. These focus mitts can be used as kickboxing training pads, boxing punching mitts, muaythai pads, and any other combat sports training. The teardrop shape helps avoid unwanted wrist torque from potential miss hits. They are a traditional design that will blend in flawlessly with your training facility.
2. Fairtex Curved MMA Muay Thai Pads (Pair)
- Safely train leg and knee strikes with ease with this light weight punch shield made of durable leather construction
- The curved design creates a tighter fit and better accepts leg strikes making this an essential tool for all styles and disciplines in your home or commercial gym
- This pair of kick pads has two forearm support straps and a reinforced riveted handle to ensure balance and stability
- Protect your MMA athletes while fight training with this solid focus target curved kick pad pair
- These Fairtex MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing standard pads are sure to aid in premium training in your martial arts classes
- They are 15” long. NOTE: The 17 x 17 x 6 dimensions listed on the product detail page are the shipping dimensions of this item since they come in a pair.
3. Elite Sports Boxing Mitts for Muay Thai MMA Sparring Training Punching Focus Punch Target Mitts and Pads
- Luxurious and modern design
- Hand-hugging form, smooth leather
- Material: High-grade PU leather
- Inside made from EVA Foam rubber core with high elasticity
- Color: Orange , Gold, Green, Blue, Pink, Red, Silver, White
- Material: High quality PU leather + high elastic rubber foam core
These pads are rated 4.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com.
4. FARABI Real Leather Strike Pad Boxing Pads Muay Thai MMA Taekwondo Kickboxing Punching Training Pads Focus pad Dummy Pads Strike Anywhere Thai pad Kick pad Training Punching Sparring Pads.
- Farabi Real Leather Strike pad is a trainer’s delight designed for fighters to develop enhanced focus and solid punching abilities. This tech craft gear is the most promising armor in the corps of Farabi’s protective equipment.
- Made from 100% genuine cow grain Nappa leather these strike pads can withstand the most difficult and hard training sessions.
- This strike pad is extremely durable and has the recommended strike depth which is maintained throughout the pad to ensure maximum protection. The strike pad incorporates the EC-Gel C-Shock technology that disseminates the impact of force equally throughout the pad and resists its transformation to the connecting surface which reduces the risk of injury to the minimum.
- Equipped with a dual KXR-Handle Gripping System safeguarded with the machine inserted GGX-core steel rivets that allows more control and stability. Ergonomically designed superior Aero build curved shape augments the training capacity and ensure the perfect punching technique. The posterior TUX-Strength grippers provide an excellent grip during the long sessions it allows the strike pad to be used in various angles.
- Stitched using a Raw Triple-needle fleece Pico-thread that strengthen the composition and makes this pad extremely durable. The external classic hand stitched VB-tech covering provide additional durability and sturdiness. Powered by a multilayered FGR-Compressive EU-Padding offers enhanced protection and has the ability to resist the strongest blows.
5. Linksworld Hand Targets Curved Boxing Kick Pad Boxing Karate Pad Focus Target Karate Kicking Shield Martial Art Kickboxing Punch Mitts Muay Thai Kick Shield Training Boxing Gloves Mitts 2pcs
In fact, it’s ideal for training with focus pads before jumping in and practicing on punching bags, as it allows your tendons and ligaments to adapt and become more flexible. This item is an indispensable workout tool for professional athletes. The punching target is designed to use training support to increase the speed of the blow for athletes, Boxing boxers, KickBoxing, MMA, Muay Thai, Karate, Traditional martial arts, Vovinam … – The product is made of quality High-quality PU leather and EVA Foam and High Foam gut help absorb good force, beautiful, firm and professional outer seams ensure long-lasting training.
6. Twister Boxing Kick Shield 100% Cowhide Leather Thai pad MMA Muay Thai Shield Curved Pads Martial Art Training Pads Boxing Strike pad Curved Arm Pad
The user holds the palm with a palm with a glove-style belt to ensure grip for the practitioner, while reducing vibration when holding. This is a high-end punching product that has the advantages of being light, durable, withstands strong impulses of kicks and cross-kicks, helping to improve the training performance and protect your hands and wrists. and you practice. Twister Arm Pad is made of premium quality cowhide leather for long lasting durability and functionality.Professional boxing equipment ( Arm Pad, krav maga, punching bag) designed for high level kickboxing training which make the kick pad more durable and easy to clean.
7. Title Boxing Zero-Impact Rare Air Punch Mitts 2.0, Black
- Constructed of thick cut, heavy-duty cowhide leather
- More than 3″ of shock dispersing layered foams surround the “Rare Air” target zone for an intense Zero Impact training session
- Rear D-ring leather wrist strap with 2″ wide hook-and-loop closure keeps mitts firm and intact
- Extra sponge foam padding over the back of the wrist and over the fingers
- Integrated Aerovent finger channels aid in air release to help keep the trainer cool and dry during intense workouts
8. Onward Colt Bitmitt Shield Leather Boxing Focus Mitt Coaching Pad for Boxing
- Reflects a pedigree, born to be compact, fast moving and impactful
- Designed to help harness the efficiency and execution of precise graceful movements
- Think fast, train fast, be fast
- Fine grain, select leather High performance hand tuned laminated molded core 3D cushioned inner lining
- Technical suede hand grip
9. Max Strength Boxing Gloves and Focus Pads Set | Sparring Kit | Hook & Jab Target Mitts with Punching Gloves | Focus Pads for Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Martial Arts, Karate, MMA Training
Max Strength Curved Black Mesh Focus Pads and all size Boxing Gloves Max Strength Focus Pads Coaching Mitts are designed to provide improve accuracy and accurate Hand to Eye co-ordination. Made from High Quality and Durable Rex-Leather with Multi Layering Padding for Maximum Shock Absorption. A High Dense Foam inside with Soft Upper Layering padding. With 1.5 inch Thickness by 8.5 inch Width and 10.5 inch Length to provide more accurate Hand fit. These pads generate great sound on impact, making it more fun and intense during workouts or drills. Great for boxing or training purposes.
Tips to Choose The Best Boxing Focus Pads
We want to share with you some tips to improve your mindset about choosing the best boxing focus pads. It’s not necessary but it’s quite important because of saving your time, money, and effort. Therefore, let’s check them below and apply them in the reality.
Tip 1: The materials
The material affects a lot of things that boxing focus pads have. For example, durability. You will understand it when you have to use it in the long run. With low-quality, the focus pads are easily broken of the surface. Moreover, it can harm your boxing gloves, and the result is that you have to change all of your equipment.
Tip 2: The size and shape
To get your suitable focus pads, you should understand your purpose. The fact that most people cannot effort all of the focus pads, so they need to understand what they need to not waste money, time, and effort.
Moreover, size and shape as we explain above, also provide you the most comfortable feeling when you use it. Therefore, paying attention to size and shape is necessary nowadays.
Tip 3: The feeling
Related to this element, it’s quite hard to describe, but you can easily imagine the boxing focus pads can help you improve your comfortable feeling and motivate yourself from the laziness. When you see the focus pads, you can easily understand the reasons why you come to boxing and become a boxer.
With 3 basic tips above, we think you can easily find out your best one. We hope you have the best luck, and if you still confused, just choose a product in our list above because it is made to recommend you. The fact they are all the best products that people claim on the Internet.
As I mentioned earlier, Focus pads are one of the best boxing exercises you can do as a warrior. It allows you to practice more realistic fighting maneuvers without you having to actually fight a living person. We want to say that it’s the next closest thing to fight. Above is a list of 9 boxing focus pads that Gondeee has experienced and feel right for you. Let us know how you feel after using it in the comments!