Multilayer armband is a cloth that is used to wrap around the joints of the arms and wrists when practicing martial arts such as Boxing, Muay Thai, MMA, etc. to punch. So what is the appropriate size for boxing hand wraps? Let’s discover with Gondeee!
Benefits of Using Hand Wraps
- The casual boxing gloves: The casual boxing gloves can cover all of the fingers, and if you wear it, you cannot use your hand for other purposes such as grabbing or holding something like a glass, bottle. The casual boxing gloves are quite bigger, and it also can reduce your power of punch to keep others safe.
- The fingerless boxing gloves: It is likely the boxing gloves, but it doesn’t cover the fingers part. That’s why people call it ‘fingerless’. The main advantage of using this type is that you can grab or hold stuff freely as your pure hand. It also has other advantages, but in this part, we will not talk too much about it.
- The boxing hand wraps: The boxing hands wraps, actually, are considered as one kind of gloves that many people use. It is a long piece of fabric that people use to wrap the hands, cover a part of the finger, and all the palm.
- Easy to bring: To compare, the boxing hand wraps have the smallest size of three types. The biggest is the casual boxing gloves, and the medium size is fingerless boxing gloves. We think that it is really convenient for people who don’t have enough space for a couple of gloves.
- Cheap price: If you check in the market, you will realize that boxing hand wraps are cheaper than a couple of gloves, so you will not worry much about having a couple of gloves that you cannot afford. The reason for this cheap price is from the design, the materials, the process to make, etc., all of them are simple than to make casual boxing gloves.
- The impression: The fact that boxers choose boxing hand wraps for the impression it provides. It makes them look more professional and their image will be cool, impressive than expected. Especially, it shows the hands of boxers which are the most attractive part of the body when they play boxing.
- The feeling: The boxing hand wraps can provide the feeling of pure hands that maintain the true power of each punch the boxers make. The feeling of using pure hand is also what most boxers like to have, so that’s why they choose boxing hand wraps as an ideal choice.
There are both two sides to a product, so if in the above, we share with you the benefits, in this part we disclosure a disadvantage of using boxing hand wraps. It takes much time than using others. Just imagine that using hand wraps, you have to repeat your action of wraps many times and the using of casual boxing gloves that you only need to stick the velcro straps one time.
However, if you can accept this point, why don’t you choose boxing hand wraps? If you are concern about, let’s check our list of 8 best boxing hand wraps below to find out your best one easily.
List of 8 Best Boxing Hand Wraps
1. Venum Boxing Hand Wraps
Protect wrists and hands during competition and practice with Venum Boxing Hand Wraps. With 8 different colors, both men and women can use this item from the famous Venum brand. They are made of elastic cotton for a good fit and perfect protection. Venum is one of the world leader in fight sports as boxing so, you can believe in the quality of the product. That has been proven with 2276 customers, the item is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com. Featuring thumb straps for ease of use, the straps feature a hook-and-loop closure that ensures a perfect and durable fit.
2. Everlast Professional Hand Wraps
Everlast Professional Hand Wraps are used for training, designed and manufactured in US. They are made of 180 inches of machine washable nylon or polyester blend material for breathable comfort and protection when playing sports or training. With the technology of EVERFRESH, they are anti-microbial treatment for you. Hand wraps protects your muscles, joints and tendons from punishing use while hitting a heavy bag or your opponent. They are rated 4.4 out of 5 stars from 1526 customer ratings on Amazon.com. They have colorful design to attract everyone.
3. Ringside Mexican Style Boxing Hand Wraps (Pair)
Not using hand wraps when using boxing gloves is one of the common mistakes of boxing practitioners. So, you need to own Ringside Mexican Style Boxing Hand Wraps.
This wraps have the style of Mexican with 180” length of slightly elastic cotton blend material for comfort and support. Besides, they are equipped with the thumb loop for the safety and the convenient hook-and-loop closure system to wear them easily. They have many colors for you to choose from.
4. Everlast Hand Wraps
When buying hand wraps, consider whether this fabric can be used in a washing machine frequently because handwashing tape is an item you need to wash very often. If you do not wash it often, they will cause unpleasant odors because of sweat-absorbent during training. This is what you are looking for.
This Everlast® popular Mexican-style hand-wrap comes in breathable cotton fabric for comfort and support. They are made of machine-washable 100% durable cotton-weave for a convenient and comfortable feeling. Having a convenient thumb loop with Velcro closure for easy and secure wrapping.
5. RDX Boxing Hand Wraps
The key features:
- RDX Boxing Hand Wraps are extremely compact and shell-shock absorbent padding for premium impact opposition.
- They provide the maximum comfort and protection
- 5 colors: black/red/orange/green/blue
- Equipped with padded hand protection; quick-EZ hook-and-loop; 75cm(approx.) long strap and half-finger design
- Woven Carbon Fiber
6. Everlast 4455-3 3-Pk. Hand Wraps
Everlast 4455-3 3-Pk. Hand Wraps are made of machine-washable and 100% cotton weave for durability and long life. Because of washable material, you can use them many times. They have the convenient thumb loop with Velcro closure for easy and secure wrapping and meet professional and amateur requirements.
7. Meister Elite 180″ Premium Adult Hand Wraps for MMA & Boxing (Pair)
Constructed from an elastic double-woven cotton blend, Elite Wraps are strong without feeling bulky. They have very good elasticity and excellent thickness. After using, they are sure to be the best feeling wraps that you will have used and will not hesitate to bui them again. The Newest Innovation in Hand Wraps by Meister – Soft on the hands but Ultra-Durable. Strong Inner Thumb Loop and Hook/Loop Closure
8. Kakoa Sports Boxing Hand Wraps
Kakoa Sports Boxing Hand Wraps are useful for protecting knuckles, stabilizing the wrist, protecting your thumb, soaking up perspiration and fills out your glove. Boxing sports can be a fun activity but you have to make sure that you are wearing proper gear and offering the best protection that you need.
The key features:
- Made of 100% breathable and moisture wicking
- Your hands can be kept dry even long hours.
- They help to prevent you from serious injuries with high-quality materials.
- It tightens the wrist points and muscles to avoid injuries.
- It can protect you in a workout and training even at home.
Tips for Choosing The Best Boxing Hand Wraps
If you are confused because of the many products in the market, you should check our tips for choosing the best boxing hand wraps. This part will not point exactly the best one but will give you the information to set your mind in an intelligent way to assess and get the best one.
Tip 1: The materials
The first thing we think you should pay attention to when purchasing boxing hand wraps is the materials. It affects how you feel because it touches directly your hand skin, so if the materials cannot give you a comfortable feeling, it is failed to be used. The materials can give you the feeling of using the pure hand which most boxers are looking for.
Moreover, the durability. The part of the boxing tape that covers your punch will be easily broken because it is abrasion a lot when you hit. Therefore, to let the boxing tape go with you in the long run, you should check the materials.
Finally, the materials decide how thick or thin it has. Too thick will cause an uncomfortable feeling and too thin will not protect you good. Therefore, you have to try and check it to understand how it is to provide you the best.
With all the explanation above, the materials are worth to be the most important element to check for the boxing hand wraps before purchasing.
Tip 2: The design
The fact that all of the boxing hand wraps has the same design, but the difference is from the decoration and color. You should choose the suitable decoration in the hand wraps, and if you don’t know how to choose, let’s choose the pure one without decoration and only has color.
Tip 3: The type
Even the boxing hand wraps are just a piece of fabric, but the manufacturer design to make its many types. For example, the velcro strap. You can stick the last part of hand wraps by the long velcro straps to make sure it will not be loosened when you use it. Moreover, you also can use the pure boxing hand wraps without any velcro straps, and you will feel the traditional method to use.
Totally, choosing a boxing hand wraps is not as hard as you think, but to choose the most suitable product, you must have some tips to set your mind as a smart customer. If after using our tips, you can get the best products, let’s share it with us!
Above list is the Top 8 Boxing Hand Wraps that you need to own to protect your hands from serious injuries. There are many joints and bones in the hands, so you are prone to accidents, especially for those with small and weak hands. In the process of practicing any sport, you also need to assess the potential risks and have ways to overcome them. The most important way is to use protective equipment and items to ensure you will be safe!