What is boxing mouthguard?
This is a device made of flexible plastic for sports players or recreational activities worn to protect teeth from injuries. According to the dental association, one of five sports at the amateur level, players are required to wear dental protection equipment during training and competition, which is boxing. You are looking for some boxing mouthguards but do not know how to choose the right way and best protection for yourself? Refer to the guide shared by Gondeee below!
The Benefits of Boxing Mouthguard
In the text above, you know what a boxing mouthguard is, and in this part we disclosure its benefits. The fact that most boxers only know that a boxing mouthguard is used to keep their mouth safe from the punches, but by detail, they don’t know it. Therefore, we really want to share with you the benefits that boxing mouthguard brings to you. If you understand it, you can easily take advantage of it.
- Fixed position: One of the benefits that a boxing mouthguard provides boxers is how it keeps your teeth in a fixed position. Imagine that the punches can make your head fly away, and your mouth is the part impacted directly from it. What’s happened to your teeth if they are not in a fixed position. The answer is it will be dropped out, and you have a risk to be blooded and vulnerable.
- Moreover, the fixed position can help you reduce the injuries from a hit. If your teeth are impacted, you have a risk to be affected by hurt, so the mouthguard can keep you safe from unwanted injuries.
- Un-bite: When you are dueling with others, sometimes you will not pay attention to your position of the tongue, and if it is in the middle of your teeth, you have a risk to bite your tongue. Just imagine it, you will realize it’s horrible. Therefore, the mouthguard is invented to help you solve this. Because of the silicon parts covering all of your teeth, you will not worry about biting your tongue.
- Moreover, an injury that boxers often face is the impaction of two teeth sides coming from a heavy bite. Even it affect much or not, your teeth have a risk to be broken, and it will prevent you play boxers at that time because of pain.
- Feeling: Most people who don’t use mouthguards and get injuries of the mouth always claim that they wish they had used it before. One of the reasons is that they have a worry that doesn’t allow them to maximize their performance. The afraid of being painful can cause an injury in spirit. Therefore, it is the safest and the most comfortable if you can use boxing mouthguards for your match.
With the benefits above, we think after reading, everyone can realize how important boxing mouthguards are. After that, if you are looking for the best boxing mouthguards, we really want to share with you the list of 10 best boxing mouthguards below. They are all confirmed by boxers who purchased and tested them, so you will be not worried about their quality. Let’s choose a suitable one in your opinion.
List of 10 Best Boxing Mouthguards.
1. Venum Challenger Mouthguard
With 3024 ratings on Amazon.com, Venum Challenger Mouthguard is worthy to be the first item on this list. It is rated 4.4 out of 5 stars on Amazon.com. This item is available in 13 colors so, you can choose them from that matches your style and gender. Also, Venum sponsors some of the world’s best fighters and grapplers who demand the best protective gear.
This mouthguard has been designed to prevent you from the teeth injuries and any part on the face like arches, lips, joint, jaw and gums. Equipped with the gel frame so, when wearing, you will surely feel like nothing in your mouth. You can also adjust and wear it easily.
2. Shock Doctor Mouthguard: #1 Sport Mouth Guard – Gel Max Mouthguard for Football, Lacrosse, Basketball, Boxing, MMA, Martial Arts, and More – Includes Helmet Strap – (Youth & Adult Sizes)
Shock Doctor Mouthguard is available in 2 sizes for youth (from 10yrs and below) and for adults (11yrs and above). This item has colorful colors with 16 different colors. With Gel-fit Liner Tech, it fits your mouth easily. The mouthguard is crafted with heavy duty material for more protection and durability. It is suitable for all contact sports where a mouth guard is required or recommended including boxing, MuayThai, football, wrestling, boxing, and more!
3. Shock Doctor Pro Mouth Guard, Sports Mouth Guard for Football, Basketball, Lacrosse, Hockey, MMA, Boxing, Jiu Jitsu, Adult & Youth Mouth Guard, Works w/Braces Mouth Guard
The again item from the Shock Doctor brand that we highly recommend for you. They provide 2 style for you, including one strapless style and strapped style.
The key features:
- A shock-absorbing bumper that deflects impact away from front teeth.
- Multi-layer construction with an internal shock-absorbing frame that offers superior protection and fit compared to conventional mouthguards.
- Quick and easy boil and bite fitting, for a tight-molded gel fit.
4. Venum Predator Mouthguard One Size
Next fit Gel Frame for an improved adjustment and comfort. Also, this item has the box for you. So, you can bring them any where that do not need to worry about the cleanliness. Protection of teeth when training is an extremely important tool in practicing and competing in martial arts and boxing. This item is available in 14 different colors for you to choose from and is equipped with high density rubber frame for enhanced shock management and absolute protection.
5. Battle Fangs Football Mouthguard – Sports Mouth Guard with Removable Strap – Protector Mouthpiece Fits With or Without Braces on Teeth – Adult & Youth Mouth Guard Sizes, 2 Pack
With the unique design, Battle Fangs can attract to you easily. In addition to being able to be used in football, this product is also suitable for boxing practitioners. It is rated 4/5 on Amazon.com from 768 customer ratings. Having 2 sizes for youth and adults and 9 different colors to choose from. This Battle mouth protector rivals custom molded mouth guards for safety and performance, protecting the whole mouth including a bottom barricade to shield lower teeth. Made of a patent pending Ever-Mold composite, the football mouthguards can be re-boiled and re-molded until you achieve the perfect fit for your mouth and teeth. This item can be re-boiled and re-molded multiple times.
6. Sanabul Single Boil and Bite BJJ MMA Boxing Mouth Guard
Sanabul Single Boil and Bite BJJ MMA Boxing Mouth Guard is the product from the famous Sanabul brand in boxing field. It has 2 colors, including red and orange colors to choose.
The key features:
- High quality Single mouthguard designed to provide unobstructed air flow
- Boil & bite lets you customize the mouthguard for protection and comfort
- Perfect for boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, football, basketball or any other sport that can potentially cause contact
- Adult and Youth sizes available
7. Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Mouthguard w/Case | Youth – Adult – Braces | Best Protection for MMA, Boxing, BJJ, Lacrosse, Football, Hockey and Other Sports | BPA Free
With a clean box and convenient hook, you can bring Redline Sportswear Custom Molded Mouthguard anywhere you want to go to. This item is available in 7 colors with the high-quality and clean materials. It’s more comfortable, snug, and easier to breathe in. Besides, the price is affordable with the high quality. It is rated 4.3 out of 5 from 583 customer ratings on Amazon.com.
8. Professional Sports Mouth Guards- 2 Pack – No BPA – Safe Clear Color – No Color Additive – Athletic Teeth Mouth Guards – Fit Any Mouth Size – Custom Fit – Free carrying case included
If you love a transparent color mouthguard, this is the product made just for you. This item is designed by Sparkling White Smiles with the high-quality materials for optimal retention and comfort.
This Teeth Mouth Guard easily molds to fit any tooth shape and mouth size. It has the thick cushioning base for shock absorption. This product is suggested by doctors.
9. Suddora Mouth Guard – Custom Fit for Adult/Youth (BPA Free) – Karate, MMA, BJJ, Martial Arts, Flag Football, Rugby, Boxing, Hockey
Suddora Mouth Guard is the next item that we want to recommend for boxing players. Suddora Mouth Guards mold easily for a custom fit for adults or children with 10 different colors, including black, blue, green, orange, pink, …
It is great protection for your teeth for football, BJJ, boxing, lacrosse, and many other sports. Each mouth guard is made of a special POE material and passes strict safety tests to ensure you get the highest quality mouth guard you can buy
10. Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard
If you are a genuine boxing player, the Everlast brand is too familiar to you. It’s not difficult when Everlast can be in the top 10, right?
Everlast Evershield Double Mouthguard has 3 colors, including grey, pink and red for you to choose from. It is equipped with a double-layered frame and a shock absorption inner layer. It is specifically engineered for upper and lower jaw protection.
Tips to choose the best boxing mouthguards
We provide you some tips if you feel confused to choose the suitable products from the list 10 best boxing mouthguards above. Our tips will not point out the best one but will help you set a mind to choose products. You will understand which element you should assess before purchasing, and then you can easily sort products and get the best one. Let’s check them now!
Tip 1: Materials
We always remind boxers that to be a smart customer, materials are always the first element to assess. The materials reflex how quality your product belong, and the fact that high-quality materials always make high-quality products. Nowadays, in the market, most boxing mouthguards are made of silicon, which is suitable and safe for customer’s use, however, it’s important to check sub materials to make sure the products are the safest for your health.
Moreover, the materials affect how durable your mouthguards are, so you should check them to confirm that it has high-quality materials that contribute to a high-quality product. You will feel satisfied if you have it, and our recommendation is, the better materials, the better quality of your products.
Tip 2: The smell
Even made with the friendliest materials, you still need to check the smell when you prepare to use it. The smell partly reflexes how the quality of your products. If the smell is too bad, it means your products are low quality and not good to use, and if it has no smell or good smell to use, so you should choose it. It is warned that using the bad smell boxing mouthguard can cause an uncomfortable feeling, lower your performance and spirit, and also affect your health.
Tip 3: The fit
Some people have their jaw bigger than casual, so you should pay attention to the fit. The fit of boxing mouthguards provides the most effective of protection functions. If it’s not fit, you have a risk to be injured by the punches.
Totally, if you can follow our tips, you can easily get the best one because you just pick and assess. We hope that our tips can help you solve your problems, and if you get your best one based on them, let’s share it with us.
The benefit of using protective teeth that is likely to fit into your teeth in comparison to those used for immediate removal of jaws is that they will fit your jaw, binding your entire jaw into a solid mass, as then the force of impact will be dispersed evenly over the area instead of concentrating a few traumatic points. Experience the Top 10 Best Boxing Mouthguards above and let Gondeee know your experience in the comment below!