Choosing the best youth baseball bats can be a challenging experience if you’re unaware of the fact that now baseball bats are made from a variety of materials. Other than the traditional wooden bats, composite and alloy bats are growing in popularity. A composite baseball bat could offer larger sweet spots because the barrel could be larger so having a composite baseball bat to practice skill level is a good idea. In this post, Gondeee will review Top 9 Best Composite Baseball Bats for 2021.
What Is Composite Baseball Bats?
A composite baseball bat is made of aluminum or wood with a reinforced carbon fiber polymer. These composite materials also construct the structure. So, the manufacturer has applied these materials to the alloy to produce many benefits for players. What you can get from these materials is the durability, weight distribution, enhanced trampoline effect, and great damping rate.
In reality, the bats made from polymer are referred to as composite bats, but the ones that only have a part of the polymer are referred to as composite hybrid bats.
Let’s take a look at the basic benefits that composite baseball bats provide:
- Swing weight:
The weight affects the performance you make, especially every powerful swing. The swing weight is measured from a pivot point along the bat. If you can determine a pivot point (casually 6 inches), balance point, total weight, and the necessary time to swing, you can measure its mass moment of inertia.
This is the reason the manufacturer adjusts a composite bat’s swing weight by changing the weight distribution along the bat. As a result, composite bat’s weight distribution is more effective than aluminum and wood. It is lighter and easier to control and swing with great power.
- Trampoline effect:
Most baseball players understand the trampoline effect. It is a phenomenon when a baseball flies after the bat hit. The collision is demonstrated from the physics of elastic. A barrel of the bat is more stiffer, a baseball flies slower because of losing energy in the collision.
A softer barrel of the bat makes the ball flies faster, for it retains its energy that is applied by the pitcher. This effect is tested and gives a result showing that composite bats are greater than others.
To explain this effect from composite bat, it has different properties in all directions, anisotropy allowing the stiffness to be softer. So, the ball flies with less energy loss.
You always experience the vibration every the bat hits the ball. But the vibration rate is dependent on the sweet spot of the bat. It is also related to the bending stiffness. In some research, people show that composite materials can lower this point without compromising other advantages.
Vibration is referred to as damping rate. It corresponds to how fast the materials lower vibration. Composite’s dumping rate is higher than the standard aluminum bat from 2 to 10 times. Therefore, many players who used composite will not want to hit the ball on the sweet spot, for they don’t want to feel the vibration from the missed hit.
If you are looking for a composite bat, you should consult our list of the best products. It will save your time in choosing a great one.
List of 9 Best Composite Baseball Bats
Let’s check our list of the best composite baseball bats as it helps you choose great one easily.
1. EASTON ADV1 -13 USA Youth / Kids Tee Ball Baseball Bat | 2 5/8 Barrel | 2021 | 1 Piece Composite | Hyperlite Composite Engineered – Fastest Swing Weight Tee Ball Bat | Comfort Grip | Tball Bat
- 1-piece composite design with rolled end
- Hyperlite Composite – Engineered with Hyperlite Composite, Easton’s lightest composite material, for an extremely balanced swing weight
- All-Sports grip provides comfort
- Certification: USA Baseball (Only for use with approved Tee Balls)
2. EASTON Project 3 ADV -3 BBCOR Baseball Bat | 2019 | 2 Piece Composite | iSO CNX | Launch Comp Barrel | Power Boost Knob | Speed End Cap | Lizard Skin Grip | 2 5/8″ Barrel
- LAUNCH COMP = Max Barrel Performance: New barrel layup designed to provide hotter out of the wrapper performance and an optimized balance point
- New, stiffer handle layup designed to provide best in class feel
- ISO CXN = Solid Feel: Revolutionary ISO CXNTM 2-piece construction made with proprietary NITROCELL foam
- Isolates the handle from the barrel for a more solid and natural feel while increasing power
- Power Boost = More Leverage: Patent-pending “Soft Knob” provides hitters with more leverage and power potential
- Reduces vibration and provides more comfort for the bottom hand
- Optimal barrel design for better bat control and maximum launch angle
3. DeMarini 2018 DI13 Pro Maple Wood Composite Baseball Bat
- Single wall design adds length for increased hitting surface
- Pro maple wood composite holds up years of use
- Large-sized barrel creates an extended sweet spot
- Slightly end-loaded swing weight to maximize power
4. Axe Bat 2019 Avenge Composite (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat
- 2-5/8″ Barrel with 3-piece composite baseball bat construction (balanced)
- Patented Axe Handle enables max bat speed with more barrel control for your best swing, more often
- Massive Charged Carbon Barrel – the largest in our BBCOR lineup – upgraded with a proprietary performance agent for explosive pop and maximum durability
- Composite HyperWhip End Cap removes unnecessary weight from the tip of the baseball bat for a faster swing, bigger barrel, and larger sweet spot
- New Vibration Canceling System, featuring an energy absorption collar at the connection point, dampens vibrations along the length of the handle for more comfort and confidence at the plate
- BBCOR Certified For High School & Collegiate Approval
5. DeMarini 2018 D110 Pro Maple Wood Composite Baseball Bat
- -3 Length To Weight Ratio
- Approved For Perfect Game, Short Season A, & Rookie Ball Level Play
- Approximate 2 1/2 Inch Barrel Diameter
- BBCOR Certified For High School & Collegiate Approval
- Long Taper
- Balanced Swing Weight
- Recommended For Contact Hitters Who Want An Increase In Bat Speed
- Non Cupped End
- Pro Maple Wood Composite Construction Creates Exceptional Durability
- Single Wall Construction
- Small Standard Knob
6. Louisville Slugger 2019 Solo 619 (-11) 2 5/8″ USA Baseball Bat
- Meets USA bat standard; approved for play in little League Baseball, aabc, AAU, Babe Ruth/cal ripken Baseball, Dixie Youth Baseball, and pony Baseball
- 1-piece sl hyper alloy construction for a stiffer feel and maximum energy transfer on contact
- Sbc) speed Ballistic composite end cap – for increased swing speed and maximum bat control through the zone
- New LS Pro comfort grip
- 2 5/8″ barrel diameter; 7/8″ tapered handle
7. Louisville Slugger 2019 Solo SPD (-13) 2 1/2″ USA Baseball Bat
- Meets USA Bat standard
- Approved for play in Little League Baseball, AABC, AAU, Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Baseball, Dixie Youth Baseball, and PONY baseball
- 2 1/2 inches speed barrel diameter
- 1 piece SL Hyper alloy construction for a stiffer feel and maximum energy transfer on contact
- Speed Ballistic Composite (SBC) End Cap for increased swing speed and maximum bat control through the zone
- LS PRO Comfort Grip for the perfect mix of tack and cushion
- 7/8 inches tapered handle
8. DeMarini 2018 D243 Pro Maple Wood Composite Baseball Bat
9. Rawlings 2019 Threat USA Youth Baseball Bat (-12)
- MORE POWER AND LARGER SWEET SPOT across the bat from the 25/8″ Big Barrel
- ULTRA LIGHT WEIGHT CONSTRUCTION creates faster bat speeds to help young players swing through the zone easier
- APPROVED FOR 2019 USA BASEBALL STANDARDS
If you’re a developing younger player or want to hit for average, a Composite Baseball Bat is going to be your best bet. If you’re a stronger or older player, take advantage of the long ball with an alloy/aluminum bat. Even better, if you can get strong enough to get good bat speed on an end-loaded alloy bat, you’ll start hitting BIG bombs. Hopefully, the Top 9 Best Composite Baseball Bats that Gondeee brings will help you find the best baseball bat to practice your skill.