Maple Baseball Bats are the most common wood type used among Major League players; and for good reason! Maple demonstrates a much tighter wood grain structure than other woods like Ash which gives it a greater durability and creates an extremely responsive barrel. In this post Gondeee will review the top 9 Best Maple Baseball Bats for 2021 including famous bands.
What Is Maple Baseball Bats?
Maple is a type of wood that manufacturers use to make baseball bats. The products made of Maple wood are harder and denser than Ash type. It doesn’t have the flex as Ash bat, but it always has this point without your notice. Although it is a harder wood, it is easy to be broken if the impacts have a contact point at the end of that bat.
You should pay attention to the safety it provides. In 2008, there was an MLB studied that maple bats were shattering when breaking. It is the potential to cause serious injuries that prevent players to play. The study pointed when baseballs hit on the top of maple bats, wood grains as opposed to with the grains, so you are safe. If not, you will face the risk.
However, Maple bats have many advantages that you should check as information below:
- A harder, more dense piece of wood can deliver the ball in further distance than Ash bat.
- Doesn’t flake. It is durable and long-lasting if you don’t break it.
- Dense wood grains give this material for the bat a trophy shine
- Expensive than Ash bat a little bit
- If it is broken, you have to deal with the shatters that flies into the air.
- The end of the bat is a weak point that makes Maple bat easy to be broken.
With both pros and cons above, many people in the world still love and use it. How’s about you? If you are looking for one, let’s take a look at our list of the nine best Maple baseball bats below!
List of 9 Best Maple Baseball Bats
These are the best Maple bats that you will love at the first sight.
1. Rawlings Velo Maple Wood Baseball Bat: PA110 Adult PA110
One of the best Mable baseball bats is Rawlings Velo Maple Wood Baseball Bat The PA110 Adult wood baseball bat exemplifies excellence and durability. Rawlings wood bats have defined the careers of numerous baseball greats over the years and continue to represent Rawlings’ core value – quality and innovation. This modernized design offers breakthrough technologies and progressive materials that unite to drive performance while increasing one’s batting average. It all starts with the VELO barrel design which maximizes swing speed and control for the ultimate experience during every at bat. VELO baseball bats are built for players looking for a fast balanced stick. The maple construction offers an extremely dense wood for a much harder hitting surface and stiffer flex in comparison to other woods. This allows energy to transfer efficiently to the baseball for further ball fight in each hit. With a 110 turning model and a balanced swing weight, the PA110 is typically preferred by a contact hitter who is hitting in the gaps to ensure base hits.
- 2 1/2 Inch Barrel Diameter
- 1.00 Inch Handle Diameter
- Balanced Swing Weight
- Constructed From Maple Wood Material
- Approximate -2 to -3 Length to Weight Ratio
- 110 Turn Model – Thickest Handle, Long Taper And Shorter Barrel
- VELO Barrel Design – Designed for Players Looking to Maximize Swing Speed and Control
2. EASTON Pro 110 -3 BBCOR Maple Wood / Composite Baseball Bat | 2021 | Pro Grade Maple | Composite Handle | Medium Barrel | Thicker Handle | Handcrafted in USA
Easton lumber bats feature hand-crafted wood from the USA, bringing the design expertise and innovation from the company’s metal bats to wood bats. The Pro 271 maple uses rock-hard maple – known for creating Great exit velocity with superior durability – with a medium barrel design that’s perfect for contact hitters who prefer a lighter swing weight. The 271 pattern features a medium handle size, while a cupped end, traditional knob and MLB standard ink dot complete the solid look and powerful feel of the Easton Pro 271 maple. If you are finding the Best Maple Baseball Bat, we highly recommend this bat for you.
- 110 Pattern – Medium sized barrel with slightly thicker handle
- Wood – Pro Grade Maple
- Feel – Balanced
- Knob – Traditional
- Composite Handle – 90 day limited warranty
- BBCOR certified
3. DeMarini 2018 DI13 Pro Maple Wood Composite Baseball Bat
The DeMarini DI13 Pro Maple Wood Composite Bat has a large barrel and slightly endloaded swing weight. The bat is approved for Perfect Game, Short Season A and Rookie Ball level play.
- Single wall design adds length for increased hitting surface
- Pro maple wood composite holds up years of use
- Large-sized barrel creates an extended sweet spot
- Slightly end-loaded swing weight to maximize power
4. Marucci Maple Wood Baseball Bat: MCMBLEM Black Adult MCMBLEM Black
The Marucci Maple Wood Baseball Bats will have an approximate -3 length-to-weight ratio, perfect for any high school or college-aged player. As a result of these being blemished bats, there is no guaranteed turn model at purchase. This means that the bat will certainly arrive at the length of your choosing but the knob, handle, and even barrel can arrive different than any of the others. This bat is one of the best Maple Baseball Bats you should try.
- Approximate -3 Length to Weight Ratio
- Bone Rubbed to Close Pores and Make the Wood Harder
- BLEM Bats Were Pulled From The Production Line For Any Number Of Reasons That Did Not Meet Marucci’s Standards
- Pro Cupped End
- Recommended for Batting Practice and Cage Hitting
- Constructed From Maple Wood
5. Louisville Slugger Youth 125 Maple Genuine Unfinished Baseball Bat
The Louisville Slugger Youth 125 Maple Genuine Unfinished Baseball Bat is priced for every budget and built from dependable maple wood, youth maple bats have a great surface hardness and are less prone to flaking.
- Wood: Youth 125 Maple
- Turning Model: Youth
- Regular finish
6. Mizuno Maple Elite Baseball Bat – MZM 271
The Mizuno maple Elite Baseball bat features rock hard maple hand selected top quality material. New bigger barrel designs for better performance and increased sweet spot. Light weight premium material used to keep swing weight balanced. Rich professional grade finish. Cupped end for lighter swing weight. Mizuno exclusive supra-helix grip provides comfort and durability. We highly recommend this Maple Baseball Bat!
- Rock hard maple hand selected top quality material
- New bigger barrel design
- Cupped end for lighter swing weight
- Supra-helix grip
- 271 bat turn
7. Louisville Slugger Genuine M110 Maple Wood Bat
Baseball’s biggest hitters choose maple for its harder hitting surface and greater durability. The genuine maple Series is pulled from their original production line for some minor flaw that will not affect the bat’s performance. These small production errors mean deep savings on superior bats ideal for practice, batting cages or even games. Louisville Slugger Genuine M110 Maple Wood Bat:
- Series 3 maple
- Swing weight: most balanced
- Natural/pink split finish
8. Mizuno MZM 271 Little League Maple Baseball Bat
The Little League Maple MZM 271 features rock hard maple for great performance and durability. By hand selecting the wood it ensures consistent great quality. Cupped end creates lighter swing weight for better bat control and swing speed. High gloss finish gives this bat a rich furniture grade finish that looks great. Little league approved 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter and available in youth sizes.
- Rock hard maple
- Hand selected top quality wood
- Cupped End of bat
- High gloss finish
- Little League approved 2 1/4 inch barrel
9. EASTON Pro 243 Maple Wood Baseball Bat | 2021 | Pro Grade Maple | MLB Ink Dot | End Loaded | Large Barrel | Standard Handle | Shorter Taper | Traditional Knob | Handcrafted in USA
And the last bat we review in top 9 Best Maple Baseball Bats is EASTON Pro 243 Maple Wood Baseball Bat. This bat is a perfect Maple Baseball Bat for 2021. The Pro 243 Maple uses rock-hard maple – known for creating great exit velocity with superior durability – with a large barrel design that’s perfect for power and gap hitters. The 243 pattern features a long sweet spot and end-loaded feel for increased power, and the medium handle size helps generate bat whip to get hitters through the zone with authority. A cupped end, traditional knob and MLB standard ink dot complete the solid look and powerful feel of the Easton Pro 243 Maple.
- 110 Pattern – Medium sized barrel with slightly thicker handle
- Wood – Pro Grade Maple
- Feel –Balanced
- Knob –Traditional
- MLB standard ink dot
- Handcrafted in California, USA
Maple bats exploded onto the scene about 15 years ago. Maple is a harder, more dense wood than ash. It doesn’t have the same flex as an ash bat, but once you get used to using one, it isn’t really noticeable. Even though its a harder piece of wood, it still breaks pretty easily when contact is made at the end of the bat. Overall, maple is a great choice for any player, of any age. It is very tough, very hard to break, is very long lasting, and also has some very great pop. It can be made into any tool, bat or coaches’ utility possible. Also, all of this comes at a great, affordable price. Hopefully, the Top 9 Best Maple Baseball Bat that Gondeee brings will help you find the best baseball bat to practice your skill.